Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Another open letter to President Bush

Dear President Bush:
YOU HAVE HIT AN ALL-TIME LOW, MR. PRESIDENT, BY FLOUTING THE FOURTH AMENDMENT AND AUTHORIZING SPYING ON LAW-ABIDING AMERICANS.
This has been going on for years and you finally have the backbone to admit it.
I have to wonder what your ulterior motive is.
If I wanted to be watched, I would go to a crowded place and expose myself while passing out copies of my bank statement.
But, I want my God-given right to privacy, as guaranteed by the Fourth Amendment.
Word is that you called the Constitution a "G.D. piece of paper."
None of this is or should be a surprise to anyone who has a brain in his head.
I HEAR SOME MEMBERS OF CONGRESS ARE KICKING AROUND THE IMPEACHMENT IDEA. THIS IS THE BEST IDEA TO COME OUT OF WASHINGTON FOR YEARS.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately this violation of privacy preceeds this president. Both Clinton and Bush I also authorized illegal wire tapping. I have to wonder why though. The FISA court that gives approval for wire taps has only rejected 5 or so cases in the last decade. If you can't get approval for that sort of rubber stamp court, how great is the supposed national security risk. Unless, of course, the purpose of the wire taps was not national security. Perish the thought. Keep up the good work Alice.